The avionics technicians install, inspect, test, adjust, or repair avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, navigation, and missile control systems in aircraft or space vehicles.
The Avionics Technicians must be able to do the following job functions:
• The avionics technicians job description entails adjusting, repairing, or replacing malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and/or soldering irons.
• They assemble components such as switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes, using hand tools and soldering irons.
• They connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters, and in-flight refueling systems, using hand tools and soldering irons.
• They install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and/or soldering irons.
• They interpret flight test data in order to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
• They lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, following documentation such as blueprints, manuals, and wiring diagrams.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5665837